France is the first country to adopt a standard supervising the manufacture of horse riding airbags (PPE Personal Protective Equipment). While waiting for an European harmonization, this NF S72-800-2022 standard provides riders with increased protection by regulating the protection surface, the inflation speed and by imposing much more severe impact tests on the vests.
The EQUITHÈME AIRSAFE airbag is an airbag designed for equestrian sports. It is a slim fitting, flattering vest and does not require a body protector to be worn underneath.
Please note a minimum rider weight of 77lbs for adult sizes and 55 lbs for child sizes.
This airbag protects the rider's vital areas. Protection zones:
• Cervical, back, lumbar, sacrum, pelvis, thorax
• Cervical protection optimised for wearing a certified riding helmet.
• Continuous hip protection for perfect trunk alignment.
• Chest protection that is adapted to each size (24% of the chest circumference and 100% of the waist-shoulder length).
• Back protection also adapted to each size (20% of the chest circumference and 120% of the waist-shoulder length).
• Better protection of the spine and vital organs thanks to 2 bust heights per size on sizes XS-S-M-L (regular fit / slim fit).
Performance: inflation speed of 98ms*.
The EQUITHÈME AIRSAFE airbag waistcoat reaches the pressure required for optimal protection in 98 ms* and outperforms the impact tests of the AFNOR NF S78-800-2022 standard.
- Slim fit for better protection and +10% perforated fabric for better ventilation.
- 100% Italian fabric, breathable and comfortable.
- Soft back plate for less discomfort on the ribs.
- Y-cord: high performance textile loop. It is lighter and does not make noise with the elastic cord carabiner.
The EQUITHÈME airbag gas generator is the most powerful on the market. It is lightweight and small in size.
Resetting is facilitated by the cap guide for unscrewing and resealing: easy resetting and no possibility of losing the cap. The ball retaining clip allows a safe and easy re-installation of the ball cord.